Days of the Nysa Fortress, AD 1807
Dni Twierdzy Nysa
2017 dates to be announced
Herman Krzysztof fortress, Nysa (Opole voivodeship)
Nysa, situated on the Nysa Kłodzka river, in the Opole Voivodeship, is one of the oldest towns in Silesia. It was probably founded in the 10th century and afterwards became the capital of a principality of its name. In 1807, during the Napoleonic Wars, the Nysa Fortress, an enormous citadel built by Prussian King Frederic II, was taken by the troops of Napoleon. To commemorate this event, every year the remains of the Fortress host the Days of Nysa Fortress.
The historical military camp is set up in an authentic surrounding of the fortress, illustrating daily activities and battle preparations. The soldiers from historical groups of Poland, the Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Hungary and Belarus march through the city streets in a historic parade, in the uniforms of the regiments of the Napoleonic Wars period. The siege of the fortress and the battle between the French and Prussian troops are displayed in a spectacular reenactment. Several lectures and conferences are held for the fans of the Napoleonic period.
Please contact the Organizers for confirmation and further details.
Info & Contact
Society Friends of the Nysa Fortifications and the Town
Towarzystwo Przyjaciół Fortyfikacji Twierdza Nysa
Address: Piastowska 19, 48-300 Nysa
Tel.: +48 695 355 438 (Herman Krzysztof)
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Towarzystwo-Przyjaciół-Fortyfikacji-Twierdza-Nysa-1429294754052448/
Nysa Town Council / Urząd Miejski w Nysie
Address: 48-300 Nysa, ul. Kolejowa 15
Tel.: +48 77 4080500
Fax: +48 77 4332705
The Nysa Stronghold and Nature Park
Tourist information Office Nysa
Address: St. Jadwiga Bastion, 19 Piastowska street, 48-300 Nysa
Tel.: +48 (77) 433 49 71 | +48 602 654 128
Nysa and Herman Krzysztof fortress on Google Maps:
Video reportages and promos of the event: